Friday, December 12, 2008

Family Friendly Wineries


When I was pregnant, I never thought I would be interested in hitting up a tasting room with my child. However, I have had some of my favorite wine country experiences with Kai in tow. Here are a couple of places that kids are welcome and even catered to.

Chateau Montelena: Calistoga's winery, that put Napa Valley on the map, not only offers an out of this world estate wine tasting experience, but also has a lake with ducks. The grounds feel like a forest and will entertain the little ones for hours.

Domaine Chandon: This 300-acre champagne plantation not only offers fun tours of the winery with a wonderful (and generous) private tasting sure to get your head filled with bubbles, but also has one of the best gardens to sip champagne, order cheese and appetizers and let the kids frollic in the oak trees.

Landmark Winery: If your kid is as into tractors, or ducks, or ponds, as mine, head to this house of Chardonnay, where the descendents of John Deere offer an expansive property for kids to run around while mom and dad sip wine.

FIll me in on your favorite family friendly wineries, so I can add them to the next installment.

No comments: